The 6 Best Spark Plugs on the Market
If you car is not running as smoothly as it used to, it could be due to your spark plug. Replacing your spark plugs isn’t hard, but deciding which is the best spark plugs to get is. Today we will discuss the best high performance spark plugs on the market.
Best Spark Plugs Comparison Table
Brand & Product Name
Motorcraft SP-515 Spark Plug
ACDelco 41-993 Professional Iridium Spark Plug
NGK (7090-4PK) BKR5EGP G-Power Spark Plug
Bosch 4417 Platinum+4 FGR7DQP spark plug
Denso (4504) PK20TT Platinum TT Spark Plug
Autolite AP104 Platinum Spark Plug
Spark Plug Companies
A common question is what are the best spark plugs on the market. That is a difficult question to answer. Many different companies make spark plugs and some even specialize in spark plugs.
Companies like Motorcraft, ACDelco, Bosch, and Autolite have a huge presence in the automotive market. Then you have NGK and Denso who focus only on making spark plugs. They also claim to have the best spark plugs to buy. These are all great companies, so deciding which is the best place to buy spark plugs is quite challenging.
Despite this though, we have created a list of the best performance spark plugs available for you below. Here is our best spark plugs review.
#1. Motorcraft SP-515 Spark Plug
The Motorcraft SP-515 is a redesign of the SP-507. It is made to fit any 5.4 3-Valve motor. The concerns behind your Ford’s spark plug breaking is no longer an issue. The engine boost you get from this spark plug is impressive.
- Works perfectly with any 5.4 3-Valve Motor
- This is the most updated design from Motorcraft
- Designed to work with the updated Ford PZH14F
If you own a 5.4 3-Valve motor, Motorcraft’s SP-515 is for you. If you have a rough engine that is experiencing lots of misfires, this will do the job for you.
#2. ACDelco 41-993 Professional Iridium Spark Plug
ACDelco is known for making high quality auto parts and the 41-993 Spark Plug is no exception. They have made an Iridium Spark plug that provides better stability in your engine. It helps give your car smoother performance and improves your acceleration.
- Made of Iridium which has many benefits
- Improves your car’s acceleration and cold starting
- The design offers longer electrolide life
Need faster acceleration and better fuel ignition? ACDelco has you covered. These spark plugs provide great fuel economy and help against combustion leakage so if you are suffering from these issues, this is the spark plug to get!
#3. NGK 7090 BKR5EGP G-Power Spark Plug
NGK’s 7090 BKR5EGP Spark Plug is an alloy spark plug that provides improve fuel efficiency and lower emissions. NGK is a company that specifically specializes in spark plugs. Everything they make is focused around improving your car performance through spark plugs, so you can expect high quality with their products.
- With a fine welded tip measuring in at 0.6mm, NGK’s 7090 spark plug is high in durable and has a long life
- Features metal plating that prevents corrosion and seizing
- A unique design allows for improved throttle response
If you are having issues with seizing or throttle response, NGK’s spark plug is the best fit for you. It has a unique design and a long life span. They work solely on spark plugs, so you cannot go wrong with this company.
#4. Bosch 4417 Platinum+4 FGR7DQP spark plug
Reach your engine’s optimal performance with Bosch’s 4417 Platinum+4 Spark Plug. The temperatures that are reached by this spark plug offer exceptional self cleaning aspects.
- Get smoother acceleration with Bosch’s smart plug.
- The installation is extremely easy with a factory preset gap.
- Checking and adjusting the gap is not needed on this spark plug saving you time and effort
If you are new to cars, installing a spark plug may be challenging and intimidating. Getting this spark plug by Bosch is your best option as it is easy to use and offers a basic and preset spark plug.
#5. Denso PK20TT Platinum TT Spark Plug
Denso’s platinum Spark plug is revolutionary. It is composed of a purified alumina powder insulator that offers several different benefits. Denso specializes in advanced automotive technology and is paving the way for better automotive parts.
- The Denso PK20TT Platinum Spark plugin has a special twin tip 11mm platinum center electrode
- The special alumina powder coating provides extra strength and conductivity
- This provides high durability under extreme stress
- They are pre-gapped to .044-inches
Denso is a great company for spark plugs. They offer very cheap prices for high quality parts. If you are looking for high quality at a great price, Denso is the way to go.
#6. Autolite AP104 Platinum Spark Plug
Another company specializing in spark plugs, Autolite has been offering great quality automotive parts since 1911. The AP104 Platinum Spark plug is a great product. With a nickel plated coating, you can expect it to last for quite some time.
- This spark plugged is yttrium-enhanced and includes an accurate gap
- With a 100% platinum tip, you have no need to worry about erosion
- Platinum to platinum firing is possible with this spark plug and the durability is high as well.
- The design of the spark plug also offers faster and cleaner fires which produce less voltage and faster starts
These spark plugs are designed well. They can be installed next to OEM plugs. If you have a long history of dealing with erosion or corrosion, this the spark plug for you.
How to Install Your Spark Plug
After purchasing your amazing spark plug, you have to install it. You can, of course, get a mechanic to do this part, but it is not difficult to simply do it yourself. Here is a short video to get you going:
Unlike most other products, deciding on a winner in this lineup is not possible. Each spark plug has its own pros and cons. The best spark plugs for you is objective. They also work for different models of cars, so deciding on a spark plug is solely based on what kind of vehicle you own.
We hope you have a better understanding of the different companies that offer spark plugs, however. This should help make choosing a good spark plug easier.